10 Idioms you should know!
Idioms are a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words. Today I will tell you 10 new Idioms that you should definitely know.
1. Heard it on the grapevine - It means hearing rumors about someone or something.
2. Hitting the nail on the head - It means performing a task with exactness.
3. Killing two birds with one stone - It means accomplishing two different tasks in the same undertaking.
4. Letting someone off the hook - It means not holding someone responsible for something.
5. Letting the cat out of the bag - It means sharing information that was intended to be a secret.
6. The elephant in the room - It means an issue, person, or problem that someone is trying to avoid.
7. Throwing caution to the wind - It means being reckless or taking a risk.
8. Your guess is as good as mine - It means to not know something.
9. Burning bridges - It means damaging a relationship beyond repair
10. Every dog has his day - It means everyone gets their chance to do something big.
Post a Comment