Today's top 9 Idioms!
Idioms are a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words. Today I will tell you 9 new Idioms that you should definitely know.
1. Hit the hay - It means that someone is really tired and wants to go to sleep.
2. Stabbed in the back - It means that you’ve been betrayed by someone who you thought you could trust.
3. Takes two to tango - It means that if there’s a suspicious situation, then there’s more than one culprit.
4. Kill two birds with one stone - It means a single action knocks out two tasks or responsibilities
5. Piece of cake - It means that something is as easy as eating a piece of cake.
6. Costs an arm and a leg - It means that something costs a lot of money.
7. Break a leg - It means that someone is wishing the other person, good luck.
8. Rule of thumb - It refers to a rule that is not totally precise.
9. Blow off steam - It means to get rid of strong emotion.
I hope you liked these idioms. Feel free to share with your friends and do read other idioms that might help you improve your English communicational skills.
idiom phrases pdf, idiom phrases list, idiom phrases in English, idiom phrases Hindi to English, idiom phrases and meanings