10 Idioms you should know
Idioms, are a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words. Today I will tell you 10 new Idioms that you should definitely know.
1. Give the benefit of the doubt - It means believe someone's statement, without proof.
2. Hear it on the grapevine - It means to hear rumours.
3. Hit the nail on the head - It means do or say something exactly right.
4. In the heat of the moment - It means overwhelmed by what is happening in the moment.
5. It takes two to tango - It means actions or communications need more than one person.
6. Jump on the bandwagon - It means join a popular trend or activity.
7. Keep something at bay - It means keep something away.
8. Last straw - It means the final problem in a series of problems.
9. Let the cat out of the bag - It means to share information that was previously concealed.
10. Miss the boat - It means to say that someone missed his or her chance.