10 Idioms you should definitely know
Idioms, are a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words. Today I will tell you 10 new Idioms that you should definitely know.
1. A penny for your thoughts - It means a way of asking what someone is thinking.
2. Add insult to injury - It means to further a loss with mockery or indignity; to worsen an unfavourable situation.
3. Back to the drawing board - It means when an attempt fails and it's time to start all over.
4. Ball is in your court - It means it is up to you to make the next decision or step.
5. Barking up the wrong tree - It means accusing the wrong person.
6. Be glad to see the back of - It means be happy when a person leaves.
7. Best thing since sliced bread - It means a good invention or innovation.
8. Bite off more than you can chew - It means to take on a task that is way to big.
9. Can't judge a book by its cover - It means cannot judge something primarily on appearance.
10. Caught between two stools - It means when someone finds it difficult to choose between two alternatives.