10 Idioms you should know
Idioms are a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words. Today I will tell you 10 new Idioms that you should definitely know.
1. Beating a dead horse - It means giving time or energy to something that is ended or over.
2. Bite the bullet - It means to get an unfavorable situation or chore over with now because it will need to get finished eventually
3. Best of both worlds - It means the choice or solution has all of the advantages of two contrasting things at the same time.
4. Biting off more than you can chew - It means Not having the capacity to take on a new assignment or task that is just too taxing
5. By the skin of your teeth - It means just barely making it.
6. Doing something at the drop of a hat - It means doing something at the moment of being asked.
7. Fit as a fiddle - It means being in good health.
8. Getting a second wind - It means having energy again after being tired.
9. Giving someone the cold shoulder - It means ignoring someone.
10. Going on a wild goose chase - It means doing something that is pointless.