10 Idioms required for your daily life
Idioms are a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words. Today I will tell you 10 new Idioms that you should definitely know.
1. A Chip On Your Shoulder - It means being upset about something that happened in the past.
2. A Doubting Thomas - It means a skeptic who needs physical or personal evidence in order to believe something.
3. A Drop in the Bucket - It means a very small part of something big or whole.
4. A Fool And His Money Are Easily Parted - It means it's easy for a foolish person to lose his/her money.
5. A Leopard Can't Change His Spots - It means you cannot change who you are.
6. A Slap on the Wrist - It means a very mild punishment.
7. A Toss-Up - It means a result that is still unclear and can go either way.
8. Add Fuel To The Fire - It means whenever something is done to make a bad situation even worse than it is.
9. Against The Clock - It means rushed and short on time.
10. All In The Same Boat - It means when everyone is facing the same challenges.
Post a Comment