10 Idioms that will help you in your daily life!!
Idioms, are a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words. Today I will tell you 10 new Idioms that you should definitely know.
- Get your act together - It means “to get organized and do things effectively”.
- Your guess is as good as mine - It means “I do not know”.
- Good things come to those who wait - It means “To have patience”.
- Back against the wall - It means to “Stuck in a difficult circumstance with no escape”.
- Up in arms - It means “Being grumpy or angry about something”.
- Sell like hot cakes - It means “Quick sellout”.
- On cloud nine - It means “Being very happy”.
- Left out in the cold - It means to “Get ignored”.
- Eat like a horse - It means to “Eating too excessively”.
- Chip off the old block - It means to “A person who has same actions as his/her parents.”
I hope these idioms were new to you. Do share your thoughts on this and share it with your friends.