10 Idioms everyone should know
Idioms, are a group of words established by usage as having a meaning not deducible from those of the individual words. Today I will tell you 10 new Idioms that you should definitely know.
1. Cross that bridge when you come to it - It means deal with a problem if and when it becomes necessary, not before.
2. Cry over spilt milk - It means when you complain about a loss from the past.
3. Curiosity killed the cat - It means being Inquisitive can lead you into an unpleasant situation.
4. Cut corners - It means when something is done badly to save money.
5. Devil's Advocate - It means to present a counter argument.
6. Don't give up the day job - It means you are not very good at something.
7. Don't put all your eggs in one basket - It means do not put all your resources in one possibility.
8. Drastic times call for drastic measures - It means when you are extremely desperate you need to take drastic actions.
9. Every cloud has a silver lining - It means be optimistic, even difficult times will lead to better days.
10. Far cry from - It means very different from.
Post a Comment